Church and Society
- 31 March 2017
- Maltese Relief Service provides Caritas with field kitchens for the buffer zone On March 28, in Zaporizhia representatives of Maltese Aid Service, who arrived from Ivano-Frankivsk, officially handed over to Caritas Ukraine three field kitchens for use in the buffer zone, and the components for their functioning (fuel products) are provided as part of the Initiative “Pope for Ukraine.”...
- 31 March 2017
- 24 March 2017 16:36
- Ukraine: An invisible humanitarian crisis, reminds Caritas at UN During the 34th regular session of the United Nations Human Rights Council in Geneva, Caritas delivered a statement concerning the worrying situation in Ukraine. This statement, prepared by our colleagues in Caritas Ukraine, warns about the International community’s low attention for the crisis, despite the grave human rights violations that occur...
- 18 March 2017 12:59
- His Beatitude Lubomyr in Parliament: "Imitate those who took up the great work - the reconstruction of the Ukrainian state ..." Today we celebrate the event, which took place in Ukraine, in Kiev, a hundred years ago. I want to remember not only the event, but the people who took part in it. Let us remember our fathers and mothers who were at the day and time together with the responsible people and started great thing - the reconstruction of the Ukrainian state....
- 25 January 2017 12:36
- 2016: Our Ukrainian Churches at a time of war in Ukraine The year 2016 for Ukrainian Churches was a busy one, and complicated by the ongoing war being waged by Russia. But there were notable accomplishments and attempts at healing spiritual disunity – not only between the Catholics and the Orthodox – but also between the meddling of the Russian Orthodox Church (ROC) via the Ukrainian Orthodox Church – Moscow...
- 19 December 2016
- Apostolic Nuncio to Ukraine visits Catholics of Donetsk and Luhansk The Apostolic Nunciature in Ukraine has reported that Apostolic Nuncio in Ukraine Archbishop Claudio Gugerotti visited the Catholic community of Roman Catholic and Greek Catholic rite in Donetsk and Luhansk from December 16 to 18 2016, as he usually visits different communities on the eve of major religious holidays to convey the greetings and blessing...
- 19 December 2016
- 07 October 2016 10:37
- Andriy Parubiy in his letter to Head of UGCC: “With God’s assistance we are able to stop creeping Russian imperialism” The Chairman of the Verkhovna Rada Andriy Parubiy responded Father and Head of UGCC His Beatitude Sviatoslav to the letter from the members of the Synod of Bishops of UGCC, what was held this year from 4th till 11th of September in Brukhovychi, Lviv. The theme of the Synod was Diaconia – service.
His Beatitude Sviatoslav (Shevchuk) of the UGCC said that currently Ukrainian reconciliation with the Russians is impossible because of the...
- New bishop of the eparchy of Saint Nicholas of Chicago of the Ukrainian Greek Catholic Church appointed 20 April
- Chicago Bishop Announcement21 April
- The Eparchy of St. Josaphat in Parma (USA) Held a Conference for Its Clergy27 April
- Annual Spring Clergy Conference for Philadelphia Archeparchy Hosted by Saints Peter and Paul Parish in Bridgeport, Pa.27 April
- "When you think that there is no way out – do not believe it!" – His Beatitude Sviatoslav 18 April
- UGCC Head outlines four steps to Russian-Ukrainian reconciliation 26 April
- In Polish churches people are praying in Ukrainian22 April
- Archbishop Stefan Soroka Delivers Remarks during American Jewish Committee Philadelphia 27 April