- 24 March 2017 16:36
- Ukraine: An invisible humanitarian crisis, reminds Caritas at UN During the 34th regular session of the United Nations Human Rights Council in Geneva, Caritas delivered a statement concerning the worrying situation in Ukraine. This statement, prepared by our colleagues in Caritas Ukraine, warns about the International community’s low attention for the crisis, despite the grave human rights violations that occur...
- 25 January 2017 12:36
- 2016: Our Ukrainian Churches at a time of war in Ukraine The year 2016 for Ukrainian Churches was a busy one, and complicated by the ongoing war being waged by Russia. But there were notable accomplishments and attempts at healing spiritual disunity – not only between the Catholics and the Orthodox – but also between the meddling of the Russian Orthodox Church (ROC) via the Ukrainian Orthodox Church – Moscow...
- 19 December 2016
- Apostolic Nuncio to Ukraine visits Catholics of Donetsk and Luhansk The Apostolic Nunciature in Ukraine has reported that Apostolic Nuncio in Ukraine Archbishop Claudio Gugerotti visited the Catholic community of Roman Catholic and Greek Catholic rite in Donetsk and Luhansk from December 16 to 18 2016, as he usually visits different communities on the eve of major religious holidays to convey the greetings and blessing...
- 19 December 2016
- 07 October 2016 10:37
- Andriy Parubiy in his letter to Head of UGCC: “With God’s assistance we are able to stop creeping Russian imperialism” The Chairman of the Verkhovna Rada Andriy Parubiy responded Father and Head of UGCC His Beatitude Sviatoslav to the letter from the members of the Synod of Bishops of UGCC, what was held this year from 4th till 11th of September in Brukhovychi, Lviv. The theme of the Synod was Diaconia – service.
- 07 September 2016 15:51
- Solidarity between Christians in Middle East and Ukraine in time of war: Patriarch Gregory III addresses the Ukrainian Greek Catholic Synod in Ukraine The Ukrainian Greek Catholic Patriarchal Synod opened today with a celebration of the Divine Liturgy at the historic St. George's Cathedral Sobor in Lviv. His Beatitude Sviatoslav, father and head of the Ukrainian Greek Catholic Church was the main celebrant.
- 07 September 2016 13:20
- At the Synod Andriy Vaskovych shared how to systematize an effective social service within a parish At every parish that is going to perform a social service, we need to map needs of people who live at the parish’s territory. Exactly a question about people’s needs must be put at the forefront of a parochial Caritas.
During the 34th regular session of the United Nations Human Rights Council in Geneva, Caritas delivered a statement concerning the worrying...
- The Head of the UGCC in Buenos Aires (Argentina): "Cross is a sign, symbol and banner of victory of good over evil" 20 March
- The Eparchy of St. Josaphat in Parma (USA) held a Lenten Lock-In Retreat for its Youth in the Spirit of Diakonia21 March
- St. Anne Ukrainian Catholic Church in Austintown, OH (USA) Reaches Out to the Underprivileged in the Year of Diakonia23 March
- His Beatitude Lubomyr in Parliament: "Imitate those who took up the great work - the reconstruction of the Ukrainian state ..."18 March
- Head of the UGCC and Ambassador of Ukraine in Argentina discussed cooperation of diplomats with the communities of the UGCC22 March
- Ukraine: An invisible humanitarian crisis, reminds Caritas at UN24 March
- Annual South-East Lenten Pickerel Dinner at the Shevchenko Ukrainian Centre in Rosa, Manitoba 25 March